Why you must have a website in 2021. Let me tell you a quick story about when I got my first full-time job. I only later found out that the only reason why I got the job was that the first guy they chose declined the offer, I asked him why they chose that guy over me and they said it was because he had all of his credentials and his examples of his work all neatly on a website and one it looked really professional and two it gave them a place to view everything easily and all I had was a YouTube link, and that was when I realized I needed a website and I was not going to succeed without one in today’s world.
I ended up working there for the next three years and it really set the foundation for what I’m doing today, and I almost lost that job completely, so that was when I realized that not having a website made me look less professional, and I would not succeed in today’s day and age, without. So, with that said, if you’re not using a website to market yourself, or to make money online, which is what I now do full time, then here’s why you should, despite everything with the covid 19 pandemic.
The world has been quickly moving online, and it’s not slowing down. But now more than ever, there has been a massive spike in individuals and companies moving their business into the online space, because that’s where most consumers spend their time day to day especially due to COVID from online shopping to online learning, finding a lawn care company, finding a barber finding places to eat, you name it. The majority of it is being done online now, more than ever, and if you don’t believe me, here are some statistics.
First, 30% of consumers state that they won’t trust a professional or a business without a website. Secondly, 97% of consumers go online to find local businesses and hire for open job positions and in 2020, due to the covid 19 pandemic, it’s raised even higher. Third, 75% of people will judge the credibility of a business or a local professional based on their website. 79% of people who read online reviews and testimonials, about a service or product, believe them in 2018 and people spent 50 million fewer hours on Facebook pages than they did the previous year. So, even if you have a Facebook page for yourself or your business, you still need a website, 83% of searches for dining locations directions and hours of operations in the United States are done on a smartphone or tablet, and that you are losing 75% of potential hiring opportunity or sales by not having a website. So even if you’re available 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. That’s still less than 25% of your time, a website can market you 24 seven 365 days a year.
A study done by Capital One found that only 56% of small businesses have a company website, which means that if you create a website for yourself or your business today, then you are already beating a 44% of your potential competition in an analysis about small business trends in the United States by deloitte.com, they found that digitally advanced small businesses. Number one, generated twice as much revenue per employee. And number two, increase their overall revenue by 400% than the previous year, after taking their small business online, statistically, there are 3.5 billion Google searches made every single day. So, even if a small chunk of that pertains to your services or your business and you don’t have a website, then you’re missing out on 100% of that opportunity.
All right, so facts aside here are some other highly motivating reasons why you need a website in 2021 –
1. You can make a lot of money. People do a lot of things online, including buying clothing, buying food hiring services, learning new skills, and the list just goes on and on. So if you can be one of those people providing those resources to consumers online, even if it’s just sharing your knowledge on a particular topic or skill. You can make a lot of passive income.
2. It’s an opportunity to be creative, regardless of the money that you can make for the website, it’s a great way to get creative and build something that beautifully represents your personal or your business brand, the ways you can design a website are endless.
3. It serves as a great resume, whether you’re applying for a job or providing a service, having a website to hold all of your professional information about yourself. Examples of your work and your contact info will help you stand out, head and shoulders above your competition. And it shows a potential employer or potential client that you’re serious about your work.
4. You can get a professional email address, having an email address like your name on your website. COMM shows people that you are professional and you take yourself seriously, much more so than your email@example.com or Outlook or Yahoo, and the only way you can get a professional email is to own your own domain name and build a website.
5. You can expand your growth on a hobby or a topic. If there’s a niche that you’re really interested in, you can become a professional online by writing blog posts teaching others new skills, and documenting your experiences. This can even make you a lot of passive income, especially if you sell your products or courses or you promote other company’s products as an affiliate I once met a guy who made an extra $5,000 a month with a blog about men’s beards, and it was just a side hustle.
6. You don’t need any coding anymore. Nowadays you can make a beautiful website using visual drag and drop software and zero codings, and you can do it as a complete beginner with no previous website experience.
7. It’s extremely affordable. In the past, used to have to pay a developer thousands of dollars to create your website. But now with how many easy website builders are out there, you can get a beautiful and professional website set up for less than $20 and easily customize it yourself. So I hope these reasons inspired you to get your own website or to double down on your current. Again, I’m so passionate about websites, because having them has completely changed my life, and I love to teach others, not just why they’re important, but how to build them like professional without ever having made one before.
So feel free to subscribe to my blog. If you found this blog helpful please smack that like and share button. Every like and share helps me grow so that I can keep putting out more stuff like this.